Michigan Memorial Park is known for helping families memorialize their loved ones for the past 84 years, especially for those who are cremated or wish to be cremated. Michigan Memorial Park provides over 25 different burial options for those who wish to be cremated — to suit everyone's needs, preference and budget. Below are some of the different ways loved ones who are cremated can be buried at Michigan Memorial Park:
- On top of someone who is already buried, up to three people to one grave
- In a mausoleum called a "niche"
- In a custom-made granite bench that can hold up to eight family members
- In a private family columbarium for up to four people
- In a private granite pedestal with a custom-made top of your choice
Niches are specially made spaces that are above ground and hold the cremated remains of at least two people. Some are interior (inside mausoleums) and some are exterior. Below are some of the different niche options Michigan Memorial Park offers:
- In a beautiful water fountain
- In a lighthouse next to the Huron River
- In a specially designed flower bed blooming with different flowers all spring and summer
- In a family niche that can hold up to four family members together — Michigan Memorial Park offers three locations
- In a gated room where only the family receives a key, complete with glass fronts and bronze urns
- Custom-made Italian mosaic niches designed with flowers, angels or a beautiful cross — Michigan Memorial Park offers six locations
- Rustic stone niches in the woods among nature
- Woodside niches — Michigan Memorial Park offers three locations
Garden of Angels — Block 5
Block 5 (Garden of Angels) offers niches on two levels as well as flower garden niches and family niches.
- Standard niches are for two cremated remains and include a bronze plaque with a vase and up to two opening and closings
- Family niches hold up to four cremated remains, bronze plaque, up to four loose scrolls, and up to four openings and closings
- Flower garden niches are located on the top level; each niche can accommodate two cremated remains and includes a stainless steel plaque and up to two opening and closings (plantings are done by Michigan Memorial Park personnel)
Woodside I — Block 36
Block 36 (Woodside I) offers niches on the outside and inside. The inside niches are made of a very colorful mosaic of the cross. This magnificent and artistic mosaic makes this location a unique place for your loved ones.
Woodside II — Block 36
Block 36 (Woodside II) offers niches inside and outside as well as family niches. The family niches can hold up to four cremated remains and includes a 24 x 14 memorial plaque, up to four loose scrolls and up to four opening and closings. These niches are located outside facing the woods.
Shrine of Remembrance
Block 19 (Shrine of Remembrance) offers a variety of niches: fountain, garden, mosaic and a columbarium room. Please visit our customer service building for more information on these niches.
Block 29 (Courtside Niches) are nestled in the woods and are unlike any other niches in the park. They are for two cremated remains and include up to two openings and closings, as well as an urn receptacle.
Prices for cremation burials start at $1,500 for two people and include up to two openings and closings, and memorialization. Financing is available and interest-free payments are optional up to 24 months. Other options for those who wish to be cremated or already have loved ones cremated and are still deciding where their eternal resting place will be are:
- Cremation jewelry, which holds a small portion of cremated remains for a loved one to keep forever